Skip to main content

Why I don't write

From what I have learned, to become a good writer, you need to manage a good level of grammar, know some rules of style and creative writing guidelines, and the most important write every day.

I understand all this, applied to people who desire to write a novel, a book, and become famous short after. But I had decided that I am not interested in such an adventure. Everything related to plot, characters, dialogue, bores me and cannot image all time wasted thinking in these activities. But all these parts of the “writing” seems a very important part of the trade.

I acknowledge it is required a good deal of experience and imagination to select a good theme, do a proper research and then record it in the paper following all rules and adding a beautiful mastery of sentences to inspire readers. I agree, on the other hand, on the excitement and emotions in reading nonfiction, most importantly the part that transports you to another space and time. This is the benefit of a reader. But not for me as a potential writer.

I have more inclination to write about short not-fiction stories. Maybe commenting on daily events. But soon became bored. Not going anywhere and maybe not having any audience that can comment on my opinions. The alternative will be to do some research on a selected topic, establish a position and write a proper essay, but my natural exaggeration leads me to make the research so gigantic, similar to any college thesis, not missing any information and drifting from subjects and subjects into an interminably spiral.

I agree that when you are in the writing process, I enjoy learning new words, proofreading time, the use of vocabulary, but I understand this will not be enough to dedicate a substantial amount of time to the task. I understand is beneficial to practice the language as will help to increase some English skills, which I know are required.

In conclusion, it is probably that I am wrong and that daily exercises will take the aspiring writer someplace. But so far I have not discovered where it is the key to the process. Maybe more research will be necessary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of potable water

It is important to understand the consequences of the lack of potable water in poor communities in the world. Government and non-governmental organizations are focusing their efforts to alleviate this problem, but until now  results are showing that there is more to do. Deprivation of potable water is the first cause of several health issues, that prevent the possibility of advancement in the fight against poverty. Women and children are first affected by this insufficiency as this impacts health since childbirth through the first years of development.  We should not let politicians and organizations deceit the public with false statistics, diminishing the significance of this service shortage. Surveillance groups should be created to ensure resources are applied where they need to be. All efforts will be compensated just capturing the delight of all earth communities watching the liquid flowing from pipes as a promise of a better future. 

The unimportance of identity

  Consider the fact that. in a few years, I shall be dead. This fact can seem depressing. But the reality is only this. After a certain time, none of the thoughts and experiences that occur will be directly causally related to this brain or be connected in certain ways to these present experiences. That is all this fact involves. And, in that description, my death seems to disappear. Derek Parfit  Derek Parfit was a British philosopher who specialized in personal identity, rationality and ethics. He is widely considered one of the most important and influential moral philosophers of the late 20th century and early 21st century .

Alice sense of entitlement

Sometimes when I admire Alice,   I wonder if her cat personality has a sense of entitlement or if she simply behaves as a Queen-pet- cat. Alice - The Queen  A sense of entitlement is defined as “unrealistic, unmerited or inappropriate expectation of favorable living conditions and favorable treatment at the hands of others”. Entitlement is found when there is a higher sense of belief in one’s importance and means the person believes he deserves certain privileges – and is arrogant about it. Let's go to Alice, her elegant demeanor and her impassivity at her surroundings leads you to bring immediately the sense of entitlement. Her selection of the unimaginable places to relax, unaware of any possible restrictions, corresponds the same to her high sense of self-importance. She understands her significance as being part of the family and takes for granted her care tasks without interruption. But, because of her pleasant, playful and sweet behavior, ...